Motherhood is a wonderful experience for a woman. The first quarter starts from the first day of your last menstrual cycle and stays at the end of 12 weeks. This means that by the time you make sure that you are pregnant, you can be pregnant for five or six weeks beforehand!
There is a lot in these three months. Fertilized eggs are rapidly divided into cells of your womb and layers of implants where it is increasing. These layers of cells become an embryo, which is called the baby at this stage.
During this quarter, your child grows faster than any other time. By six weeks, the heartbeat can usually be heard and by the end of the week, all the bones, muscles and body parts are formed at this point. At this point, your child looks like a small person and now it Called fetus. He must have been practicing swallow too! Pregnancy is typically divided into three trimesters.
First Trimester of pregnancy
Month 1 (Week 1-4) Quick view :
- Take dose(supplements) like folic acid.
- Your child’s development is fastest in week 1.
- Your child’s sex is decided.
More sharp changes are on the way this week.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Your body is already producing hormones during pregnancy.
- Your child’s major organs begin to build.
Your baby is now at the blastocyst Stage.
- Your little one is still a small bundle of cells.
- The blastocyst travels from the fallopian tube to the uterus.
- you may experience sore breasts and cramps.
You may start to feel pregnant- time to take a test.
- Brain and heart Develop.
- Central nervous/circulatory systems develop.
- your baby is the size of a sesame seed.
Month 2(week 5-8) Quick view:
You will start to notice more pregnancy symptoms.
- Heartbeat is visible on scans.
- Limbs begin to develop.
- Your baby will look like a small tadpole at this stage.
All baby’s vital organs are in place.
- Notice an increase in breast size.
- Hormones begin to “kick in” leading to exhaustion.
- Diet will help in morning sickness at this stage.
Baby’s brain develops.
- Avoid illnesses such as rubella and parvovirus.
- 100+ brain cells are created every minute.
- Your baby is still an embryo at this stage.
Your baby is officially a fetus.
- All figures and toes are developed but are still webbed.
- Your baby is a size of a raspberry, weighing 1g.
- Morning Sickness continues.
Month 3 (Week 9-13) Quick view:
Week-9 to 10:
Your baby has definite human features.
- you can hear baby’s heartbeat on an ultrasound at this stage.
- Fuzzy hair covers fetus.
- Finger and toenails develop.
Your sickness eases.
- Baby’s torso straightens.
- Your baby will start to wriggle inside the womb.
- Your sickness will be replaced by hunger.
Time for a first scan.
- Many mothers have their first scan in week 12.
- well done you have reached the end of the first trimester.
- Your baby is the size of a lime.